Connecting Worldwide

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Busy Tuesday "Calling Around"


.



Before my walk this morning, I called Enid to make a date for coffee back at that darling bookstore/coffee shop. When I got to her house about 11:00, she said that Jan and Gill were going to join us for lunch. This was excellent, because I hadn't made actual plans to see them, but was hoping I would this trip. Enid and I arrived first and were told by the manager that The Biscuit Eater was closed on Tuesdays! Imagine, in the summer time with the tourist traffic! Enid and I waited out front for the other
two to show up, and then we walked through a
back pathway to Jo Ann's Market. There was a
crowd there, some whom we'd seen trying to visit
the other place first. Anyway, I had a Maritime
treat, a lobster sandwich (and a Hawaiian treat,
guava juice! ) In the pictures, that's Jan in the red sweater. She lives on the corner of the park where, if I look to my left out the front door, that's her house. Gill (Jill) is in the blue and she lives further down the hill in town. We were in Mahone Bay and maybe my pictures capture some of the flavor of the town. When we went our separate ways after lunch, I headed out to the Funeral home to visit Mike and Lowell. It was quiet and we sat upstairs having coffee and visiting. About 3:30 it was time to head home to fix the spaghetti dinner I'd promised Billy and Dave. I spared Dave and didn't take any pictures in the evening. (Actually, I totally forgot to take any pictures the day before when I had John and Mike over for dinner! I made Sloppy Tacos for them at their request!) By the time the evening was over I was ready to fall into bed. As I write, it's Wednesday morning and my alarm has told me it's time to get out on the walking trail again! Being up here is so different from back in Ca! I feel like I hamster with a tread wheel...but it's a good feeling!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home