Connecting Worldwide

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dinner with the Neighbors (again!)

What were the chances I could move into a neighborhood and end up with such nice neighbors?! Billy and David invited me to come over for the afternoon and watch one of the movies I'd taped for them (this time, Topsy Turvy-The Mikado), and stay for dinner. These guys are such amazing cooks, I can't begin to return the invitation in kind. I'm as lacking as they are exceptional in the kitchen! I certainly appreciate their kindness!


Billy made Manhattans before dinner...tasted good, but I went for something a little lighter! They let me take care of feeding Dill, and I'd get him to meow before I put his food down. He has such a different little voice! I adore that cat!


David baked a fresh roast turkey breast (with greens from their garden), scalloped potatoes and spinach. I don't think I've ever fixed a turkey except at Thanksgiving! Delicious dinner!



We watched the first part of the movie in the afternoon and then set up the dining room to watch the rest while we ate dinner. Dill wandered into the room at the movie's end and we all took turns passing him around for a cuddle! He makes such a perfect prop for a photo op! I'm going to add the words "White Cat" and maybe he'll come up on page one of Google images! Another nice evening, as they all seem to be here in Lunenburg!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home