Connecting Worldwide

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Beautiful Rainy Morning



I couldn't believe I actually slept right through the alarm that went off for a full minute! It wasn't until Enid called 40 minutes later that I got up! She wanted to know if she could "call in for morning tea". (Translate from Aussie to American: "come by for a coffee")
Bless her heart, willing to go out in the rain that was really coming down at a slant! (The pictures is taken from the front door.) I got myself on the fast track and remembered that Billy had brought me rhubarb from his garden, and I'd bought some apples to cook down with it. I also now have my nice cappuccino maker, so I was ready for her with a respectable little morning tea! People around here do their gatherings so beautifully, I really have to dance on my toes to not look like a slug compared to them! We'd had a nice visit and I showed her how to check into the blog when Heather called from California. She and Tina had arrived last night and are driving to Oakland today...nice to have a visit with her. Enid stayed on awhile longer for a complete chat; I love her company, and I love how often I can get together with people up here! (And I have a chance to use my camera, and no one grouses at me for putting it in their faces! Good friends!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home