Connecting Worldwide

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Liverpool Afternoon & Dinner on the Lanai


After a 2-mile morning walk, we all got cleaned up and at noon and a half, headed south to Liverpool. We hit Frenchy's (I got a book about Pioneer Woman and some ice cube trays), the Dollar Store and two super markets (I got several items) That done, I realized the guys were heading back up to Lunenburg, so I suggested we return to the lovely B&B that sits along the river and we have a cappuccino. We were the only ones out on the patio and there was a gentle breeze; it was perfect! We talked about the importance of slowing down sometimes and just taking in the flavor of coffee and the air on our faces. Nice stop over...





Back in town, Mr Handsome was waiting for us. Ok, I needn't say I love to photograph him!


Dill (White Cat)



Now this is where I marvel! We get home at 5:30 and the guys tell me to come have dinner with them. We've all been out for the day together, but when I go over a half hour later, pork tenderloins are in the pot on the stove, and there's the fixings for a mushroom cream sauce (and I don't mean Campbell's!) After a couple glasses of wine, we had dinner on the lanai...parslied potatoes, broccoli, and pork tenderloin with the delicious portacini mushroom-dijon mustard-cream sauce. The cream part was a special secret recipe they shared with me... Oh, and there was a dose of white wine, too. Dill was happy with his pickins and then came out to lie by the lavender and look handsome!



If you double click on this (or any) picture, it will come up bigger. The view I tried to catch here was of the horse wagon going by. For tourists, it's a nice way to learn about the history of the town and for the most part they do a pretty good job! (Lowell has been after them to stop saying "Barney lives in the Purple Garage"!) For those of us who live here, it's a quiet little town, and a delight to hear the clip-clop of horses walking by!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home