Connecting Worldwide

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Week Akin to Pushing String...

.
Oh my, had there been something newsworthy in my life this past week I'd have written all about it and photograhed it, too! I did go to the library and checked out The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin. It was a sort of a mystery with clever twists and a head-scratching ending...I'm still thinking about it. Read that over a 24 hour period that had little else to report in it. Sunday I went back and ordered Tales of the City and Babycakes to read while we're on the cruise, if not before.
Tonight it was a team effort; we fixed Sloppy Tacos for dinner. I was trying to think of something different that we hadn't had in awhile. It's a good way to get a big salad with some meat (and lots of cooked onion) over baked tortilla chips. Big food / non fattening!

It was hot inside, so we took coffee and sat out on the patio at 7:30. The cats all joined us...even Pink for a little while. It's odd that after three years, Dusty, her mother, will still run over to greet her, though they spend next to no time together in the yard. It's very sweet.


T.J. (back to me in the foreground) sat with us for awhile and then went over the wall. Not long after we heard, "NO! Get out of there!" from across to the other side. I thought they were yelling at their dog until T.J. was right back and we deduced that he had probably been watching the Koi pond a little too closely. It's hard to miss those BIG fish, isn't it, T.J.?

Tabby came and joined me for a cuddle. He's such a sweetheart...and an armfull!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home