Connecting Worldwide

Friday, August 18, 2006

Birthday-Eve Dinner with Ken at Roy's

.
Roy's is one of my favorite seafood restaurants, so Ken arranged that we have dinner there to celebrate my birthday. We sat in a different room than we usually do, and I loved the art on the walls...it looked like ceramic, but each piece was on canvas with raw edges and a high sheen to the paint. Because there were only the two of us, what follows are too many pictures of me with my assorted food groups! But it was all so pretty, and absolutely delicious!

I was questing for a Mango Margarita and got it this evening! Strawberry Margaritas are good, but this sends me to the tropics!


In the foreground is the card Ashley had left for me before leaving on her trip. She'd taken the picture on the front and wrote a personal message inside. The other card and gift are from my friend, Mitch, in Hawaii. We'll be staying with her and her husband for a few days when we're over there in September, so you'll meet them then!


Mitch knows what I love! Keith and Carmen are favorite musicians of mine when we visit Honolulu. Actually, I have a picture of me with them on the mantle in the bedroom in Lunenburg. This CD won an award, and understandably! I've been listening to it in the car since that evening!


Ken with his appetizer, gyozo of some sort which he proclaimed to be delicious. Mine might not have been to everyone's taste, but I adore Ahi, and this was "Ahi Poketini", marinated ahi in a martini glass, hence the name.


This is Roy's birthday presentation. Ken and I had each had a nibble before I realized I wanted a picture! The little cake was a marzipan with ice cream and whipped cream. I'd had a nice ahi dinner beforehand, and we topped off dinner with a chocolate & vanilla creme brule, cappuccino and a Kahlua. You could say it was about perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home