Connecting Worldwide

Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day


It's easy to celebrate Father's Day when the kids are little and they climb into bed with Dad before he was ready to get up. It's a different when the girls reach their 30s and live away from home. It was so nice for Dad to hear from Ashley calling from Cusco Saturday evening. We'll pretend the top picture covers that call, too, but since I haven't learned to arrange the pictures the way I want, he's actually talking with Heather after he opened his gifts. Her timing was just perfect!
How perfect that Ashley combined her photography and art ability to make Dad a card. He was touched by the personal, and non-Hallmark, sentiments.
We know Heather's got a room full of art supplies...even tape that matches the paper! The best surprise was inside!
The pictures are a little out of order...Dad liked the framed picture of the girls (see top photo). We removed a couple of the very old and dated ones from his desktop and put the new one there.
Shutterfly makes up the most amazing layouts for photo books. Heather got very creative and made one just for dad of his girls. This is so much better in many ways than a lot of snapshots sitting around!

Here's where I'd add the pictures of Dad fixing breakfast for the two of us, but I think they'd come up top and I don't want to start over. I could start a new blog piece entitled "So Not June Clever"... We had a lovely breakfast together...fresh squeezed (from the yard) orange juice, soft boiled eggs and English muffins. He even had a bowl of boysenberries from the yard. I have pictures of all these things...I'm having fun with the camera again.



1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Big Girl Art said…

    What a great way to capture father's day!! Dad, I'm so glad you liked the gifts and mom, I'm thrilled you're using the camera and blogging!!!!xoxoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home