Connecting Worldwide

Friday, June 16, 2006

Guinea Pigs and Sacred Cows











You write of Guinea pigs on sticks for sale in the streets of Cusco! I'm shocked as I remember my little guinea pig pets when I was 8 y/o. I shared that with the doctor today and we had an interesting conversation. He said the people of India are (likely) horrified that we would eat beef, and yet it's a staple in most American diets. "That big juicy hamburger?", I responded? Of course the conversation deteriorated to discussion of countries that eat dogs, cats and horses, not to mention rabbits...poor Buns and Flopsy! I chuckled as he suggested that Cambodians perhaps turned to eating dogs to send a message to the Chinese that love them as pets! Who knows about the latter, but I found the suggestion funny. Session over, we ran an errand and headed to Brugers where I had turkey on a bagel! Who's to say who's right or wrong!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home