Connecting Worldwide

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Share the Memory of the Past Week with me for the Next Couple of Weeks!

.
Looking back at these pictures now, it seems a night-long dream ago! Alaska was never my first choice of places to go, but I love cruising, and I looked forward to time together with my friends. On Saturday morning, the 26th of August, we were ready to leave the house in the wee morning hours. We met at Gary & Shirley's, and a van took six of us to LAX. If I remember correctly, I slept on the flight most of the way to Vancouver. There, we were moved efficiently to a waiting room where we boarded busses that took us through scenic downtown Vancouver (and Chinatown) to the dock of the ship.



As is typical, one of the first things aboard ship is to have a lifeboat drill. Everyone uses it as a photo-op and hopes we never need to use the boats for eacape! I have this in reverse, because we did have time to have some lunch before the drill. I had a decadent piece of chocolate cake after a light lunch, and I had Ken get me a second piece! Later when I joined the others, I felt less guilty as they were doing the same thing. As the least slim in the group, I could have felt guilty for my food choices in the days to come, but everyone was into it, and we all shared many delicious moments in the days ahead!

Our ship set sail at 5:45, leaving us 15 minutes before we were to be back in the dining room for dinner. What we didn't know and were soon to discover was that every upcoming event would be the best we ever could have dreamed of! We're not new to cruising, but this was a marvelous ship with delightfully friendly staff and we were about to have the time of our lives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home