Connecting Worldwide

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our First Evening We Sailed Out of Vancouver, B.C.

.
I didn't get the best picture of the downtown Vancouver skyline. It's good, but I've seen other people's pictures already and there were some really good ones! But there you have it! Already I want to be back aboard the ship and starting over again! (Notice the good weather we had when we left, and how it stays that way for several days to come!)

That's Shirley and Gary and our darling waiter, Erbay, from Turkey. The last night I discovered that Erbay was his last name, but I couldn't pronounce his first name. He was sweet and funny and attentive and our group just loved him!

Oh my goodness, the Food! It was a feast for the eyes and palate as well! Erbay quickly realized that several at the table wanted to try more that one dish in a given selection, and brought whatever anyone wanted. While I indulged in several desserts, typically I had one of each thing from the menu selections. I did find that I could often pass on the salad and had an additional appetizer in its place...


It was David and Harriet's 10th Anniversary, and it didn't go unnoticed that we had attended their wedding aboard The Wild Goose, John Wayne's boat, down in Newport Beach eleven years earlier! I mentioned in the previous blog that we'd had a delicious chocolate cake at lunch... Well, that's the cake again! That would be served and then Erbay came around with the dessert tray and menu! We weren't going to go hungry!


I selected The Swan Puff for my second dessert... Pure decadence!

When dinner was over we met a lot of our group out on deck where there was a breeze, but the air was mild. That's Harriet, Barbara, Louise, Gary and Shirley. Later that evening we were to see the show. The dancing and singing and costuming were excellent, but I didn't care for the choice of music...mostly '70s. Can't complain, though. By the cruises end, that had been the ONLY thing I wasn't charmed by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home