Connecting Worldwide

Monday, July 31, 2006

...Just a Walk in the Park






We took an extended walk this afternoon so we could get some pictures of one of the two lakes in the park. I had to laugh at the Canada Geese and the other two who came swimming toward me when I leaned over to get a picture of them. Everywhere there are signs posted asking people not to feed the ducks, but I think it's mostly ignored. After I took the picture and they saw I didn't plan to feed them, they turned and swam away. I added a picture of one of the many childrens' play areas that shows how popular the park is. Ken's standing on what is called Palm Island, a walkway that crosses the lake. I don't think I ever paid attention as to how large the lake actually is. After having been away during a heat wave, we were delighted to find our 5:30 walk pleasently breezy and slightly overcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home